Laura Loves: YOGA

I have been doing yoga on and off for over 10 years. Some years less, but recently I have really picked up on it. It wakes me up and energizes me for the coming day or releases the stress of the day and makes me calm before I go to bed. 

Over the years I have taken yoga classes at the gym, private, and in smaller groups. I have been to special yoga gyms, to classes at the regular gym or just watched you tube videos at home. After doing all of this I can tell you that I enjoy yoga at home. I like closing the door, lighting some candles, getting my mat out, and relaxing to a comfortable voice. I have a variety of tutorial videos that I go with, to expand my knowledge. If I don't feel like listening to anyone I just go back to what I already know.

For beginners I recommend taking at least one or two fundamental classes to make sure that you are doing the moves right and more than anything learn how to breathe right. I didn't use to believe it, but it is the breathing that makes yoga worth your while.

Currently, I really enjoy Strala Yoga by Tara Stiles. Like it says in her introduction, her form of yoga is very straight forward. I am a spiritual person but I need yoga to be my outlet and my balance. And Strala Yoga gives me that feeling, that I am working out and am still not too worked up. What hooked me on Yoga again was this video by Tara that I found on youtube:


It is a Weight Loss Challenge for Beginners, and in all just a great starting point. I usually line up elements from different videos, because I have watched them over and over again. If you want to see what else Tara does just click here. Otherwise, you can just type in the form of yoga you enjoy and youtube gives you a ton of varieties.

Do you do yoga? Let me know how you feel about yoga, or what your favorite work out is!

No comments:

Post a Comment