HOME IMPROVEMENT 003 - MEET OUR TV



After living in California for two years with more TV's than I've ever had in my life in one house, I decided I didn't want one once we moved back to Germany. Russ was okay with it, since he didn't really speak enough German to understand yet. A week ago we were asked if we wanted a free TV, Russ being the guy he is - or most likely being a guy at all, he said "YES". He asked me if that was okay, and it is. I don't how how I feel about actually having a TV again, and how it will impact our lives, but I believe that it will help Russ with his German. I have learned that he grew up very different from me when it comes to watching TV. Me and my sister saw watching TV as something special when we were kids. We were allowed to watch TV on Sunday mornings and before bed for 20mins during the week. That was it. We had one TV in the family room until I turned 18. Russ on the other had was allowed to watch TV pretty much whenever he wanted. He had a TV in his room for as long as he can remember... Now we have our first TV together. I am happy that it is in the living room. Even though I agreed to having one, I still don't want it in my bed room.

How do you feel about watching TV? How many TV's do you have?

5 comments:

  1. Well I have to say it does not look bad there, I love your dresser!

    Allie of ALLIE NYC
    allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It is IKEA, but I've had it for years. I'm so glad it made the last move!

      Delete
  2. We don't like having a tv in the bedroom, but it is nice having one in the living room for movies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's true, we have been missing out on movie nights, that's one thing I look forward to :)

      Delete
  3. When I first moved to London I didn't have a TV, and I honestly didn't miss it, for over a year.

    Now I live with the boy, we have his - it's nice to have, but sometimes I do wonder if we'd be better off without!

    Hmm maybe...

    ReplyDelete