CHRISTMAS PREP: ADVENT CALENDAR

So, Halloween is over and the next big holiday in Germany is Christmas. There is no thanksgiving, so I have A LOT more time to prepare for Christmas. Next to my christmas shopping I decided, that I wanted to give gifts that involve spending time with my loved ones. The perfect opportunity for that is the german tradition of the Advent Calendar. I've loved that part ever since I was a child, and I have to admit, my mom still makes us advent calendars every year. This year I want to make one for her and one for Russell. I went on Pinterest to get some inspiration and was hoping for some good printables, and I was lucky.

I found two versions of advent calendars since I love them both I am going to mix and match, on top of that I found gift coupons that are really cute as well. I will keep it all in black and white, since that is the look I like this year…Do you like the black and grey idea, or are you a fan of the traditional color scheme?

The first advent calendar is presented by Christina on her blog Ellies. It is all in german, but you can still take a look and get inspired. She also offers free printables to go with her calendar. I love this one, because I am in love with the really simple black and white pattern, paired with the cute "Gutschein"-layout. (A Gutschein is a gift card or gift coupon). It doesn't only give you a calendar but also the decoration to go with it. 



The second advent calendar I really like is by elliefunday. It is in english and also comes with free printables. What I love about this one are the little fun activities that come with the calendar. There is something for everyone like wrapping gifts, making a gingerbread man, and watching christmas movies together.



Last but not least I found these cute gift coupons on Love vs. Design. While my budget requires me to include mostly free stuff in my calendars, these coupons are perfect because they include free things, such as vacuuming and a home cooked meal but also special treats like a lunch, dinner, or a movie.


Do you make advent calendars? And what do you think about giving time as a gift?

8 comments:

  1. Oh liebe Laura, ich freue mich, dass Dir der Kalender so gut gefällt. Vielen Dank für das verlinken. <3

    Liebste Grüße
    Christina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, I absolutely LOVE these! Too perfect for the holidays ;)
    xo TJ

    http://www.hislittlelady.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right? I just love Christmas Preparation :)

      Delete
  3. These are seriously awesome!!! Gah this is the best time of the year :D

    Sarah Allen
    (From Sarah, with Joy)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! And after a sunny California-Christmas I can't wait to have a white Christmas this year :)

      Delete
  4. I love these! :)
    xx
    Dolorès :)
    http://keep-mydream.blogspot.fr/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they cute? I am working on the first one right now preparing it for my sister and mum :)

      Delete