Ventura Flea Market

Today my sister and I got up early and went to the Flea Market in Ventura. It was beautiful and sunny outside and there were a lot of stands. I set myself a budget of $50, to find some cute accessories and jewelry - NO clothes. So Awissa and I began strolling down the isles on a mission to find hidden treasures. I have to say I am more than happy with what I found.

I found a $1 scarf that I will use as a headscarf and cute moccasins. I also stumbled upon some tiny tins. I love tins of all shapes and sizes as long as they're old and in good condition. These three were part of a 'laxative' showcase. Not the best conversation starter but definitely some great rarities to have.


Jewelry was also not hard to find. So much stuff, it was hard to decided on what to buy. I decided on these two cameos, that I bought for $8. I doubt that they are real but they are pretty. The bigger one on the left can be worn as a brooch or necklace. The small one on the right is flat on the back, which makes her perfect to be made into a ring (you can find a tutorial here). And then I found this 'pine shaped' object on the right which holds a thimble. The man who sold it to me told me it was from Austria and probably made in the 1920's, its purpose is to hold a thimble, some yarn and a needle - a mini sewing kit. Since I recently discovered my passion for sewing I thought it would be a nice thing to have...
But my absolutely favorite find of the day are these shoes:
They were one of my later purchases and I found them under a table sitting there, just waiting for me. I couldn't wait to wear them, so when i got home I put them on, and they fit just perfectly.
I am so pleased with all my finds. The only things I didn't find were so old, rare buttons, that could be made into rings. So for now I'll make the one cameo into a ring and then go from there.

I hope your sunday was just as much fun as mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment