THE INBETWEEN (AND A FUN DIY FOR ORGANIC BODY SCRUBS)





Christmas is officially over. And I have to say part of me is sad while the other part is anxious for the new year to come. I loved catching up with my friends and family and spending Christmas is Germany after two years away. Also, for Russ and I this was the first Christmas in our apartment, with our very own tree, and the start of our own traditions. Christmas morning was just for us. Russ and I unwrapped gifts, eat French Toast Casserole (Mama's recipe) and just relaxed on the couch. The rest of the time we tried to divide up between all the family and we had a blast, not only did we get everything we ever needed for our apartment, we also ate some amazing food and had great conversations.

Now that Christmas is over we are left with our tiny Christmas tree, mountains of candy and a bunch of wonderful memories. I couldn't be more thankful for my family, here and in California. They all made Christmas so special. I am also so excited that my brother, Teddy, came down from Berlin to spend Christmas and NYE with us. I couldn't ask for more. And most of all I am so happy that I got engaged to my best friend. I can't wait to spend the rest of my life and so many more Christmases with him.

Last but not least, I want to share this years Christmas gift I made for everyone with you.
All the girls in my family received a Sugar and Olive Oil Foot Scrub and a Brown Sugar Vanilla Body Scrub. I took some empty pesto jars and painted the lids with chalkboard paint. Then I prepared the scrubs.

Sugar and Olive Oil Foot Scrub                                     Brown Sugar Vanilla Body Scrub
- 2 cups of white sugar                                                  - 1 cup of granulated brown sugar
- 1 cup of olive oil                                                         - 1 cup of white sugar
                                                                                    - 1/2 cup of olive oil

- stirr with a wooden spoon until all ingrdients mixed and the scrub has a grainy texture.
- fill it into jars.
- put the two of them together on a little plate and wrap them with a pretty bow.

This is it for today. I hope all of you had a wonderful Christmas and holiday season.



1 comment:

  1. sounds like you had a lovely Christmas and the tree is adorable! I'll have to try those scrubs :)
    xo B

    ReplyDelete